Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas - Saturday Night Genealogy Fun!

Just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  Today's Genea-Musings prompt is to share what gift I received for Christmas that is my favorite for genealogy purposes.  Hope Santa was good to you ~ he was certainly good to me.

A big thank you to my Parents and my Aunt for their thoughtful Christmas cards and cash gifts.  I will be attending the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy in January 2011 thanks to the generosity of my family.  Although I am signed up for the Irish Records & Research course, I am planning on spending some of my research time going through Norwegian and Swedish records at the Family History Library.  I also plan to take advantage of my time at the Library to meet with the Norwegian and Swedish consultants for some translation assistance with documents I have found through Genline and the Digital Archives of Norway.

I continue to be thankful for the wonderful records maintained by the churches and the governments in Norway and Sweden and for the private companies and public archives that have made those records available online for those of us in other parts of the world. 

Let's all pray for peace on earth &
goodwill to all men, women and children on this planet we all share ~
Happy Holidays!



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - just so you know all comments are moderated.