Friday, April 24, 2015

U is for Unnamed


The theme for my AtoZChallenge here at Scandia Musings has been given names. And I have focused on the Scandinavian and Slovenian given names in my Legacy family file. But today's post is a bit different - today's post is for the 27 unnamed boys and girls who were either stillborn or died soon after their birth and were not named by their families. Their names on birth certificates appear as baby boy or baby girl or unnamed infant. I find this terribly sad and can't imagine how traumatic the death of an infant would be for these families. My heart especially went out to the Larson family who experienced this loss 3 times in 8 years. Today's post is to remember all those unnamed babies.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - just so you know all comments are moderated.