|Image made with wordle.net - thanks|
If it's Saturday, it is time for some genealogy fun with Randy Seaver. The mission this week (hum with me the theme from Mission Impossible) is:
1) What day of the week was your Mother born? Tell us how you found out.Mission accepted Randy and here are my answers:
2) What has happened in recorded history on your Mother's birth date (day and month)? Tell us how you found out, and list five events.
3) What famous people have been born on your Mother's birth date? Tell us how you found out, and list five of them.
4) Put your responses in your own blog post, in a comment on this blog post, or in a status or comment on Facebook or Google+.
1) My mother was born on 10 July 1936 in Seattle, King, Washington. That date was a Friday. I typed in my trusty Google search bar "what day of the week was July 10, 1936" and up popped up www.dayoftheweek.org with a link to the particular day.
2) Five events in recorded history on this date are (this information comes from www.aboutmybirthday.com with a link to the particular day):
- In 1499 - Portuguese explorer Nicolau Coelho returned to Lisbon, after discovering the sea route to India as a companion of Vasco da Gama.
- In 1911 - The Royal Australian Navy was established by HM King George V of Australia.
- In 1966 - The Chicago Freedom Movement, led by Martin Luther King, Jr., held a rally at Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois. As many as 60,000 people came to hear Dr. King as well as Mahalia Jackson, Stevie Wonder, and Peter, Paul and Mary.
- In 1973 - The Bahamas gained full independence within the Commonwealth of Nations.
- In 2005 - Hurricane Dennis slammed into the Florida Panhandle, causing billions of dollars in damage.
3) Five famous people born on my mother's birth date are (this information comes from the source mentioned in response 2 above):
- In 1452 - King James III of Scotland (d. 1488)
- In 1864 - Sir Austin Chapman, Australian politician (d. 1926)
- In 1926 - Fred Gwynne, American actor (d. 1993)
- In 1975 - Alain Nasreddine, Canadian ice hockey player
- In 1984 - Nikolaos Mitrou, Greek footballer
4) Here are my responses and I will link them to your Mission Post. Thanks - this was fun.